Comprehensive dental implant services, from placement to restoration, in Crofton and Gambrills, MD
Implants explainedA single implant may be used to support a single replacement tooth. Strategically placed implants may also be used to support several replacement teeth or a complete denture. Each implant functions like a tooth root. So, this tiny cylinder is placed in the jawbone. It is made from biocompatible materials, which means that the implant will eventually join the surrounding bone. It becomes a part of your jaw during a natural process of osseointegration (literally, bone is made whole).
Once the bone has healed, the restoration is connected to the implant. Typically, the implant relates to a component known as an abutment. Since the implant is sturdy in the bone, the restoration that is connected to it is incredibly secure. Depending on your needs, the restoration may be a crown, bridge, or denture. A crown can be used to restore a single missing tooth. A bridge or partial denture may be used to restore several missing teeth. A complete denture may be used to restore all the teeth in the upper or lower arch. In fact, as few as four implants may be placed to stabilize an entire jaw of replacement teeth.
Bingham-Lester Dentistry is proud to offer advanced procedures and specialized services without the specialists’ price tag.Call Bingham-Lester Dentistry Today!
410-885-6522 Or Book An Appointment
Dental implants are:
- Natural – Since they are designed like natural teeth, they look and feel indistinguishable from the healthy teeth that developed with you. This design also allows for superior chewing efficiency and other functions that mimic the functionality of natural teeth.
- Conservative – The integrity and structure of existing natural teeth is preserved. Conventional bridges, for instance, require that the teeth on either side of the gap be reduced to accommodate crowns. Crowned abutments, as these neighboring teeth are called, support the replacement tooth (or pontic). Since the replacement teeth are supported by implants in the jaw, there is no need to alter the natural surrounding teeth.
- Promote lasting health – Implant-retained restorations encourage the sustained strength of the jawbone. Without teeth, the bone in the jaw can shrink or resorb. Bone resorption alters the appearance of the face and makes problems such as chewing and speech worse. Implants connected to overlying teeth provide stimulation to the jaw, which is just what the bone needs to retain its strength and density!
Many dentists are only trained to restore the missing tooth (or teeth). However, Dr. Bingham-Lester is trained and has the onsite capabilities to also place the implant. Every aspect of the process can be handled by the dental team that you already know and trust. Additionally, our restorations are made from high-quality materials such as porcelain and Valplast (for dentures). Technologies and techniques are focused on your comfort and a pleasant experience, including calming sedative options such as a nitrous oxide (laughing gas). For more details on tooth replacement, schedule an appointment at our office.
Dr. Vickii Bingham Lester is primarily interested in assisting patients in achieving an excellent lifestyle with healthy, functioning smiles. She graduated from Tufts University School of Dental Medicine and completed a general practice residency at Montefiore Medical Center in New York City. Dr. Bingham's commitment to providing the best dental care possible encouraged her to dive more into the science and practice of dental implantology.
- How Implants Meet All Your Replacement Tooth Needs
- Who Can Benefit from Dental Implants Procedure
- Dental Implants are the closest tooth replacement you will get to a natural tooth
- Complete your Smile, Prevent Bone Loss and Other Complications with Dental Implants
- Teeth Implants in Gambrills MD: Why Bingham-Lester Dentistry Is Right for You
- Signs You May Need Dental Implants
- Gentle Yet Effective Dental Implant Process in Crofton, Maryland Can Replace your lost Teeth
~ Zuzu B. I'm so grateful that my husband found the office of Dr. Bingham-Lester. Every personnel is professional and friendly. The office is super clean and very modern. Dr. Vickii is very nice sociable. Besides she is explaining the main points of procedure and tries to do every treatment or procedure as quick and painless as it is possible. Me and my husband are very pleased to be their patients