Who Can Benefit from Dental Implants Procedure
Many options are available for those in the Crofton, Maryland, area looking for dental implants and similar dental services. Restorative dentistry is a standard service dentists offer patients who need help with their oral care that goes beyond simple teeth cleaning and gum care. However, even with a common procedure like this, some people still are better candidates for dental implants than others. Knowing which group you belong to is important if you are considering this sort of restorative dental work for yourself.
Who can benefit from dental implant placement?
The benefits of dental implants are relatively well-known. What is not as easily understood by some is who are the best candidates for implants. And who this procedure is most likely to help. Who can benefit from this procedure:
- Individuals with otherwise healthy teeth and gums, free from periodontal disease, who have missing teeth with adequate jawbone necessary to support the implant
- People who need to have a tooth removed due to damage of some sort
- Someone who needs other dental work such as bridges or partials
- Those with more than one missing tooth somewhere in the mouth
What can keep someone from getting dental implants?
A couple of factors can make it difficult or ill-advised for someone to get implants
- Inadequate bone mass in the jaw to support the implant.
- Advanced gum disease or deterioration of the gums.
- Major underlying health issues or chronic health problems.
Get Assistance With Restorative Dental Work in Crofton, Maryland Today
Taking care of your teeth and gums is a big part of maintaining optimal oral health. This includes dental implants and similar restorative dental work. To learn more about these services and their benefits, and if you are a candidate, contact Dr. Vickii R. Bingham-Lester. She and her team at Bingham-Lester Dentistry are ready to assist all patients residing in and around Crofton, Maryland, with the finest dental implant placement. Call 410-885-6522 to schedule an appointment.