Signs You May Need Dental Implants
Do you feel like your smile represents who you are? If not, thank goodness, because we live in an age where you don’t have to “learn to live” with an imperfect smile. There are numerous cosmetic and restorative treatments to make patients fall in love with their smile again.
For instance, in the case of a lost tooth, Bingham-Lester Dentistry offers dental implants for residents in Crofton, Maryland, to complete your smile now and for many years to come. And that’s not all — dental implants are more than a cosmetic fix. They restore your oral functionality, including the ability to talk and chew.
Why you may need a dental implant
Ready to get a dental implant? These are five signs that indicate you may choose a dental implant installation:
- You are missing one or several teeth.
- You have loose-fitting partial or complete dentures.
- You have a significantly cracked or decayed tooth that can’t be salvaged.
- You have started to experience some bone loss.
- You notice that your face is sunken in.
If you have noticed the above signs, you no longer have to ignore your mouth gap! Instead, book an appointment with Dr. Bingham-Lester for an implant-based restoration treatment.
Dental implant process
When your dentist says you need a dental implant, you may be wondering what to expect. Dr. Bingham-Lester has installed hundreds of dental implants and is more than happy to share the typical dental implant process.
- Consultation: Before starting the treatment, the dentist examines your jawbone to ensure that it’s strong enough to support a dental implant. If not, bone grafting may be necessary.
- Surgery: Under anesthesia, a biocompatible titanium screw is implanted, which fuses with the bone after several months of osseointegration.
- Prosthetic placement: Once the titanium screw is firmly held in the jawbone, an abutment is installed to support a crown, dentures, or bridges.
And just like that, you can now show the world your beautiful smile! Dental implants act like natural teeth, enabling you to talk and chew comfortably.
Crofton dental implants can change your life
Are you tired of messy adhesives and slippage from dentures? Are you uneasy about showing off your smile because of a missing tooth? Dental implants from Bingham-Lester Dentistry can restore your mouth for a lifetime, no matter which case describes you! Please dial 410-885-6522 to book an appointment with Dr. Bingham-Lester of Crofton, MD.