It is never to late for a spectacular smile with restorative dental care near Crofton
If your teeth are stained, have a few cavities, or a minor chip, then you are probably confident that a Crofton area dentist can repair the damage. However, patients with severe dental problems often hesitate, wondering if their smiles are beyond repair. Don’t worry, great oral health and picture-perfect pearly whites are never beyond reach, thanks to a broad range of premier restorative options at Bingham-Lester Dentistry in Gambrills, MD.
Can your teeth be saved?
We can’t answer that until you’ve had an examination and consulted with Dr. Bingham-Lester. It depends on several factors, including the extent and nature of damage, as well as the stability of underlying structures.
Very often, teeth that are damaged by traumatic injury or decay can be restored. They might need root canal therapy to remove infection, followed by a dental crown to restore aesthetics and functionality. In these scenarios, the damage began with the crown, which is the visible part of a tooth. If the root and bone remain strong and relatively healthy, there is a good chance the tooth can be restored. However, patients with advanced periodontal disease are likely to have damage to the root, bone, and supporting ligaments. If the tooth is too loose, extraction might be necessary.
Restoring and replacing teeth
Every patient is unique, as is every smile. We will work with you, designing a personalized treatment plan to achieve optimal oral health, and help you enjoy the confidence of a beautiful smile.
A compromised tooth may be restored using:
- Tooth colored fillings for small cavities and other minor damage
- Porcelain inlays or onlays may be used for larger cavities
- Dental crowns can restore and protect seriously damaged teeth, encasing them in a thick layer of strong porcelain
Missing teeth may be replaced with:
- Bridgework, also known as a fixed dental bridge, is a fast and economical way to replace one or a few teeth
- Removable dentures are a popular, convenient option for replacing all the teeth in an arch
- Implant supported restorations, considered the gold standard treatment, can replace one, several, or all teeth with maximum stability
Your new smile is just a phone call away
Are you ready to start the journey toward great oral health and a dazzling smile? Just call Bingham-Lester Dentistry at 410-885-6522 and schedule a consultation to get started.